Let's Get Started With|| MS Office Account Setup
What is office.com/myaccount?
Office.com/myaccount or Microsoft Office account is an integral part of your Office subscription as it accounts for downloading and managing your Office products.
How you access and use your Office account depends on the type of account you sign in by visiting office.com/setup.Having the Microsoft My Account gives you access to experience the Microsoft programs suite.
Some of the apps from Microsoft Office are MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office services such as the extended cloud space, Skype, Outlook will be accessed if you are having a subscription to Microsoft Office 365.
Why do you need a Microsoft office account?:
To get the most out of your Microsoft’s Productivity Suite and subscription package, one must have to create and manage a Microsoft account via office.com/myaccount. It bestows you direct access to your Office apps including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Outlook, and many more.
The Office account also comes up with the features like Skype for calling, OneDrive to save data, Xbox, and many more. All you need is to have an account with Microsoft Office.
It was called the Windows Live ID before, and to get access to MS Office subscriptions and the services, you need to log in to the account using the Microsoft credentials such as username and password.
You can also access your cloud data through your Office account and there is a lot you can do with an Office account that meets your organizational needs. To create and log in to your Office account, visit office.com/myaccount.
All you need is to enter your login ID and Password that you created at the time of account creation to gain access to your Microsoft account.
Even the install and the download processes can be done by this Microsoft My Account.
Set Up a Microsoft Account from www.office.com/myaccount:
To get a Microsoft Office Suite programs you need to have a Microsoft account, if you have one you can log in if you don’t you can create one by clicking the option of sign up or create an account.
Even if you buy a Microsoft Office Suite setup from the retail store, you still have to sign in to your Microsoft Account. So, you must have or you can create Microsoft Office My Account. Following are the easy steps for setting up an account for Microsoft Office.
- Open up your browser and go to www.office.com/myaccount.
- On the lower right side of that web page there is an option of Sign up, Click on Sign Up/ Create One option.
- Now fill in all of the details and the required information in the form such as your name, age, gender country, etc.
- It will ask you to set a password, we recommend you to set a strong and secure password for your account.
- Now the Terms and Condition page containing the Privacy Agreement will appear.
- Once you will go through this prompt click on the Create Now button.
- And your Microsoft Office MyAccount has been successfully created.
- You can now visit www.office.com/setup or office.com/setup to choose and buy any of the Microsoft Office Products or the subscription program you want.
How to Update profile of Microsoft Office MyAccount?
In order to personalize your account and add information such as your profile picture, or any other information regarding yourself, you need to follow the below mentioned easy steps to do so:
- Go to your Microsoft My Account by signing in to it.
- After you sign in, take a look at the top right corner of the screen, you will find a circle-shaped user icon, click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear having a bunch of options, click on Edit Profile.
- Now the page of the user profile will appear, where you can do all of the customizations of your profile.
- Now if you want to insert a picture, on the top left corner click on the default profile picture under the username.
- Click change picture. After that select the picture you want to use as your profile picture.
- Preview the image and then click on the Save button.
- You will be able to see the changes once you will refresh the web page.
- You can even add your personal information such as your contact number, workplace, designation and can alter any other information such as your birth date if you had selected it wrong at the start.
Access to Microsoft Tools and features.
Once you will create the Microsoft Office My Account all of the services and features will be automatically assigned to your profile. You will find some of them listed below. Once you sign in to your account, go to the user profile section. Next, to the profile tab you will find an arrow, click on it and all of the services from Microsoft that are assigned to you will be listed there and you can access them as well. Services such as:
- Mail: click on this option to access your Outlook or Hotmail email account.
- People: This option contains the list of your contacts.
- Calendar: It will contain the dates such as your meetings, payments, all the schedules, and the reminders such as the upcoming birthdays, once you need to set them, some of them will be manual while others could come up automatically.
- OneDrive: One of the best features from Microsoft which provides you the Microsoft cloud storage wherein you can store data and share it.
How to change Microsoft My Account Password?
If in case you forgot the password of Microsoft My Account, you don’t need to worry at all, just follow the mentioned easy steps and you can change and recover your account in no time. The steps are:
- Open up your web browser and visit www.office.com/myaccount.
- Click on the Sign In button and enter your username and password. If you remember your password go to step 3. If you don’t click on forgot password and verify your number, it may send an OTP (One Time Password) to that number verify that, and set a new password. Using your new password you can sign in to your Microsoft My Account.
- Click on your profile, after you sign in to your account.
- Go to the account settings in the drop-down list.
- You will find an option of Change Password, click on it.
- Enter a new password and re-enter it again, but the same to verify it.
- Click Next.
- Now you can log in to your Microsoft My Account using the new password.
These are some easy steps to retrieving your account password.
Conclusion: You can seek expert guidance from Microsoft Customer Support if you fail to create or login to your office account or if your progress is on a temporary halt due to some error. You can place a phone call on a toll-free number, or chat live, or exchange email to get in touch with Microsoft Support representatives.